Intern with Freedom To Thrive!
Freedom To Thrive is seeking a Campaign Organizing Intern in New York City to assist with the Freedom Cities movement and Prison Divestment Campaign.
The Campaign Organizer Intern will aid in organizing and outreach efforts. They will help in coordinating and supporting student organizing efforts. The intern may also produce research to inform campaign strategies. The ideal candidate will be a student eager to engage various student bodies on prison divestment while forging strong alliances to community-based organizations.
- Strong commitment to social justice and enthusiasm for Freedom To Thrive’s mission
- Organizing experience
- Research experience
- High organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the team and community contacts
- Spanish proficiency is a plus
This is an unpaid internship. Academic credit can be arranged. Minimum 10 hours a week, possibly including some weekends and evenings. Start date is flexible.
To apply or for more information, send an email to: email@example.com with “campaign organizer intern” in the subject line.