- Investing in Black leadership and Black liberation
- Supporting leadership of youth, women, and gender non-conforming people
- Generating collective healing and wellness
- Practicing transformative solutions to harm
- Caring for all of our communities, leaving no one behind
- Building in collaboration not competition
- Practicing accountability to each other and our principles
Freedom to Thrive (formerly Enlace) is a national network of Black and brown organizations fighting for reinvestment in our communities and an end to the punishment-based criminal and immigration systems. Affiliates of Freedom to Thrive are the backbone and strategists behind the Prison Industry Divestment Campaign, and the Freedom Cities & Freedom Campuses Movement to address criminalization and incarceration. Affiliates are engaged in long-term movement building across races and sectors, building trust and collaboration, and bringing down the walls that prevent us from addressing the root causes of harm we experience.